Monday, June 10, 2013

QUICK TRIP TO AUSTIN


I took a trip out to Austin to visit my brother for a few days. This was only my second time visiting (my first time was last year before we moved to New York). But just from those short trips, I really like it there - there's so much to see. My favorite part is all the kitschy signs and neat lettering all over town. Even though I've never gotten a picture of my own, this lightbulb shop has my favorite sign.

We walked around downtown, went to Uncommon Objects (which will always incite extreme excitement in me), saw The Purge (don't), and went to my brother's favorite food truck area. That's my quinoa salad at the top. It made up for my two or three doughnuts. We also spent a lot of time just hanging out together. It was the most time we had spent together since we both lived in Georgia. It was the best part.

I hope you had a great weekend. I'm excited to get back to work this week and hoping the weather doesn't get too bad.

4 comments:

  1. love that pot plant! and I simply love the other photo- I adore how kitsch fake flowers are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I love Austin! I was just there a few months ago, but I never saw or heard of Uncommon Objects! That will definitely be a must-do next time I visit! It's always good to see family that you don't get to spend time with that often. Sounds like you had a nice time. :)

    <3 Kelsey
    Be Like The Fox

    ReplyDelete
  3. i adoreadoreadore this blog of yours
    xx
    http://petalandplume.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to say something back. I love hearing what you have to say...