Tuesday, September 17, 2013

EMBRACE THE CULTURE FESTIVAL

Last Saturday was the Embrace the Culture Festival in downtown Norfolk. It's an indie music and arts festival - there were bands all day, about thirty vendors, food trucks, and a lot of other things going on. I was so excited to set up and be a part of this. It was the second time I had a tent space to myself (the first time was in Athens!). It was a really fun day - Douglas was able to come, and he hasn't been to a big show with me since Christmas. My friend Alena came and hung out with us all day - about twelve hours!

It was also a really fun day because so many of the crafty people I have met at other various shows since moving here were at this event, so it was really fun walking around and seeing everyone and their tents. Another things I loved about this event was that it ran until 10 at night, so when it got dark everyone started turning on their lights and the whole place was all cozy and glow-y.

2 comments:

Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to say something back. I love hearing what you have to say...