Monday, April 30, 2012

ATHENS INDIE CRAFTSTRAVAGANZAA PART 1

This past weekend was amazing! Athens Indie Craftstravaganzaa began at 10:00 on Saturday, but we pulled up around 7:30 that morning to set up. Before this I had only been in craft markets where I had my own six foot table for a space. So having my own tent space was both really exciting and nerve-wracking thinking about how set-up would go and how everything would turn out. I rearranged everything a good bit before the market opened, and I was so happy with how it looked. The pegboards really made the space, I believe. They were perfect for holding all my signs, picture frames, and other display components. Highly recommended!
My incredible friend, Elizabeth, was my assistant all weekend. I don't know what I would have done without her. She helped out so much, and we had a lot of fun both days talking to people and enjoying the market. So many of our friends and family came out both days - so encouraging. I was extremely happy to share what I had been working on with them. 
The highlight of the whole experience for me was all the kind, interesting people I met and great conversations I had, both with people attending that day and fellow vendors. I've enjoyed my experience selling on Etsy so far, but talking to people face to face, seeing what they respond to and what catches their eye, being able to tell people why I have chosen to spend my time doing this, really means a lot to me. And talking to fellow crafty people and their experiences makes me want to keep signing up for shows and developing my little business so I can do this some more. 
Of course, I took way more photos than this, especially of little details around my tent. I'll be posting part 2 with some good detail shots sometime this week, so come back and take a look! I'm sure I'll think of more to say by that time as well. I still feel a little overwhelmed (in a good way) about everything that happened and how well it went. I really appreciate all the sweet comments I received leading up the show - they were so encouraging. I'm so excited to share the results with you all.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I really love the bags with the long straps. Will those be listed in the shop any time soon??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! Yes, they will! My big mission for today was reorganizing everything after I unpacked my car. My mission for tomorrow is taking pictures updating my shop! So expect them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tent/set-up looks great, liking the bow display especially! Glad you had a successful show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! Glad you decided to try out the peg boards. They really are a life saver. Your booth looks awesome!

    xo.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to say something back. I love hearing what you have to say...