Wednesday, May 2, 2012

SILK SCARF COLLECTION

When I first realized how much fun looking through thrift and antique stores could be, my favorite thing to look for was silk scarves. I didn't like to wear them that much, but I loved having them around my room, hanging up somewhere. The scarves that caught my eye were really bright or super graphic. And I have found some really beautiful ones over the years, but a good number of these were my grandmother's - she had quite a collection.

It's really interesting too see what designers or brands some of these scarves are - the last one with blue florals and leaves is Liberty of London. And an especially surprising one - the red circus scene scarf is Banana Republic, which must be from quite awhile ago. Anyone else have some interesting old silk scarves?

2 comments:

  1. I've always loved scarves but stayed away from them cause I always get bummed out when I can't properly wear them around my head, I just don't have the skull shape for it I guess! But I recently found a thrift store with a beautiful selection and I bought one, it rekindled my love and I'm sure I'll find a good use for it and get some more :) Putting them around my room after I re-paint it is a good idea. Love your collection by the way! (sorry this ended up being a long comment haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These scarves are just gorgeous! I love the man on the horse. The details are so beautiful!
    C Marcia (Sequins)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to say something back. I love hearing what you have to say...