Wednesday, June 20, 2012

FIRST SARATOGA MARKET TOMORROW

The opening day of the Saratoga Artisans and Crafters' Market is tomorrow. I think it's going to be really fun. I've been super busy these past few weeks getting ready, designing a new bag, making more summery bags and bows, and, unfortunately for my little hands, making my own metal stamped tags for bag insides. Cutting out lots of little metal pieces is a hard thing. I ordered a basic metal stamping kit that had everything I needed to stamp these tags to sew in bags. It took me more than awhile to be able to stamp the letters evenly and somewhat straight. But I love how they came out once I got the hang of it. They look nice and handmade. And I love how they look inside the bags.

I'll be back later this week with pictures from the first market.

5 comments:

  1. Those tags look really cool! I've never seen anything like that and I love how handmade and cute they are. Great job! Oh and yeah, that would KILL my hands, eep!

    Good luck!

    xomando

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and very cute tags! What's the kit you used?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @C. Marcia
    I used this kit:

    https://shop.rings-things.com/cart/pc/Metal-Stamping-Rings-Things-Tool-Kit-1995p19092.htm

    Highly recommended! I bought my metal off this site as well. I did a fair amount of research before I bought it and both the quality and amount of tools included seems way better than any other starter's kit I came across.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to say something back. I love hearing what you have to say...