Monday, March 12, 2012
ON LETTERING + JOURNALS
I'm really glad I have all of them. I can look back to those times in another way, through my direct words and thoughts, what movies I was watching, lists of things I had to do for school, bursts of emotion on the page every once in awhile. I especially love seeing what quotations I was loving at the time. And of course, there are some pages that I want to just tear our due to slight to severe embarrassment. But the journals would be incomplete without them.
Looking back through these makes me want to pick up lettering again. It used to be my favorite thing to do, and I was doing it on and off all day. Maybe I'll post a hand written list or some sort of lettering on here weekly. Sound interesting? We'll see what happens. Here's a brief description of the pages above:
1. a list of movies I wanted to see at the time
2. I was pretty into The Outsiders, okay?
3. front pages with my name/initials
4. a drawing with vintage labels and stamps
5. one of my favorite poems (read the whole things here)
6. a grocery list
7. my favorite Jeff Mangum quotation