Wednesday, October 26, 2011

EUROPE MAY 2011: PARIS

I spent the last two weeks of May in Europe with my dad. He told me he had always wanted to travel, and he didn't want to wait anymore. I couldn't have been happier to be his travel partner. We wanted to see three cities, and we decided on Paris, Venice, and Rome.

We spent four days in Paris. I haven't been to any other European cities besides these three, but Paris wins. I loved everything about it. We visited all the major sights, rode the metro, and ate inappropriate amount of bread every day. But one of my absolute favorite things was just walking around and seeing things, the neighborhoods, the gates leading into people's fancy apartments, the Parisian children, more stylish than I could ever hope to be. 

I love traveling so, so much. Seeing places and things that I've never seen ever before is so inspiring and exciting. Being in a new place, getting lost, experiencing somewhere completely different from the everyday is one of the best ways to learn about yourself. But while it's amazing to see new things, I also love traveling because it makes me love my home and my routine that much more. I'm lucky to have traveled as much as I have, but I can't wait to travel to more new places over the years.

Here are some of my favorite snapshots from our days in Paris:
My Favorite Paris Things:
1. Centre Pompidou
2. croissants and fresh orange juice
3. the graffiti on the way up to Sacre Coeur (on the highest point in the city)
4. seeing a movie in a Parisian theater
5. window shopping the beautiful displays

I'll be posting about Venice and Rome sometime soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to say something back. I love hearing what you have to say...