Thursday, March 15, 2012

THE BEST GIFT I EVER RECEIVED

This Marcel the Shell shirt is so special to me (you should watch it if you haven't seen it). First of all, it is what it is. An airbrushed shirt featuring one of my favorite internet creations of all time. But most of all, I love it because Douglas commissioned this airbrush artist from the mall to make it for me. He surprised me with it when I drove to Charleston one weekend to visit him. It's a wonderful reminder of that time in our relationship, when we only had one weekend together each month, and we lived off of skype and phone calls. It all makes this quote feel very relevant: Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” ― Epicurus

8 comments:

  1. I love Marcell the Shell,too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is seriously so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also like Marcell the Shell. So cute and funny. And that was a really sweet present for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything about that shirt is awesome! I love Marcel, and anything is better when it's airbrushed! Plus it's such a sweet, thoughtful gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is the best gift ever! I was just given the Marcel the Shell book (I didn't even know they had one of those!) for my birthday, it's awesome.

    xo, Meghan
    ahoynative.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog through Love Elycia. I love it! I showed Dominick (My boyfriend) this shirt and his mouth dropped and his eyes got all big. He then proceeded to talk like Marcel. Hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay I didn't know there was a Marcel book! I'm glad everyone is enjoying this shirt. It makes my day to wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had never seen that before and now I'm showing it to everyone! Absolute amazingness.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to say something back. I love hearing what you have to say...