Sunday, January 1, 2012

IN 2011...

...it snowed six inches in Athens in January, canceling the first week of classes. I felt extremely cozy, explored the snow with Elizabeth, and was unable to take the rest of the semester seriously.
...this is what my room looked like before I moved to Charleston. I was sharing an apartment with one of my best friends in the world, Douglas built me this fort over my bed, and despite being away from him for most of time, it was one of the best times of my life.
...I spent the first half of the year seeing Douglas only during weekend visits and over skype. We explored Charleston for the first time, spent Valentine's Day in a hotel room, and grew closer over phone calls.
...I had a European adventure with my dad at the end of my junior year. We explored Paris, Venice, and Rome. I learned more about the world and myself. We returned home and I decided to leave school and move to Charleston with Douglas.
...I planned our wedding in two months and everything was perfect. My dress was light pink, my favorite people were all in one place, I danced with my dad, and now I'm married to Douglas. What more could I want?
...I put everything I owned into boxes into a truck and moved away from Athens for the second time in my life. This time, everything was right.
...I began to make our home together. I've made our one bedroom apartment a perfectly cozy home for the time being. We love living here.
...I began to create things again and started my own small business, Anykind, a true work in progress. I'm developing my style and what I love to make, and I'm so excited that this is what I get to do everyday.
...I was lucky enough to go to two fairs! I continued a tradition of going to the Georgia National Fair with Elizabeth and went to the Coastal Carolina Fair for the first time with Douglas.
...we experienced the pleasures of living near the beach and enjoyed having my parents and then Elizabeth come to visit us. We loved having each of them and can't wait to have more visitors this year.
...I participated in my first craft fair. It was small but went extremely well, and it was a huge step for my growing, developing business.
...we celebrated the holidays together for the first time as a married couple. We visited with friends, ate and ate and ate, and loved celebrating with our new families. It was the best holiday season probably ever.
...we celebrated the end of the year and the beginning of the new one with some new friends in Charleston. We watched old music videos, lit sparklers and a few loud, smokey fireworks, and I felt at home here. I can't think of a better way to end one year and start the other.

Happy New Year to you all. It's gonna be real good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to say something back. I love hearing what you have to say...