Tuesday, December 31, 2013

THE LAST BIT OF 2013

This is what a few of our last days in 2013 looked like. We had cloudy, rainy weather. We went to the top floor (the 25th) of the tallest building in Hampton Roads. I went to a yard sale at a huge, old house up the street. I left this fawn behind but filled my passenger seat with armfuls of old fabric. We listened to the new Britney Spears song "Perfume" about fifty times. We had some much needed normal days at home together. Douglas's holiday break started today and we're getting ready to go home to Athens, Georgia. I'm excited but it's a little surreal because he hasn't been home in about two years. I just want it to be a really good trip. 
This is a weird time. Usually I get really excited at the end of the year because you can make plans for next year and think about how much better everything will be. But right now we're looking towards Douglas's deployment early in 2014. He will be gone most of the year. And it's hard to make plans or think about any of it too much, really. I hope next year is a good year. I hope Douglas's experience is safe and that he learns a lot and gets to see a little bit of the world. I hope I can keep it together and do somethings I have been wanting to do. I know we'll make it, but I hope we do more than that. 
Happy New Year to all of you. I hope to see you around next year. 

4 comments:

  1. Nappy New Year! And I can't believe you left that deer behind that must have been a tough choice.

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a good trip home! When Corey was getting deployed, it was really hard for me to think about or try to make plans for those months alone. Ultimately, it is going to be hard but you've got to be strong! You can do it! :) Hope you guys had a good Christmas and New Year. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been really hard to be excited for new years and all of that when I'm not looking forward to 2014 at ALL, but we will totally (hopefully) get through it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's have a wonderful 2014!
    Bella x
    http://sincerelyisabella.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to say something back. I love hearing what you have to say...