Tuesday, October 21, 2014

(SOMEWHAT) RECENTLY THRIFTED

1// American Airlines California travel magazine from 1965
2// stencil set from 1918 
3// framed silhouette
4// stars (forever a sucker for old packaged office supplies)
(all from estate sales)

I haven't been going to thrift stores and estate sales that much lately, but I have picked up a few really cool things. On my birthday there was an amazing sale in Chesapeake that I got to right as it opened. It was one of the best sales I've ever been to, and I didn't even buy that much. It was just amazing to look at. 

The man who owned the house was an incredible stained glass artist and his workshop was unbelievable. It was packed with every tool for woodworking, welding, printmaking, and glass working imaginable. On top of other things I had no idea what they were for. I found this stencil set under a pile of wood and immediately knew it was one of my best finds ever. It is a complete set with two sizes of numbers and letters and the original brush and ink. I think the box is my favorite part though. This is my favorite type of thing to find. 

2 comments:

Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to say something back. I love hearing what you have to say...