Tuesday, January 29, 2013

DIY INSTAGRAM PHOTO CUBE

I recently got a whole batch of phone photos printed and wanted a different way to keep them around. My grandparents had this square picture frame, and I loved to hold it and turn it to see all the different pictures (of myself and my brother as 90's children). So I made these photo cubes. These would be a great Valentine's Day gift if you're into that. For one, I used pictures that I have taken on different trips with Douglas, and on the other, some good ol' couple shots. 
supplies:
wooden cube (got mine from Michaels)
photo-safe spray adhesive
instagram prints (I use PostalPix)
exacto knife
cutting mat
1// Lay something down to protect your work surface. Spray an even layer of adhesive on one side of the block. Spray a light layer onto your first picture, too, then stick onto the block. Keep in mind what parts of your picture you want to show if you're going to trim it down. 2// If your pictures need it, trim off the excess with an exacto knife. My block was 3.5" and my photos were 4". 3// Repeat on all sides of the block, being careful not to spray already attached photos with adhesive.
You'lll end up with this - and a nice photo cube!

23 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I will definitely remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so fun!!! My grandparents had photo cubes too, and one was a pencil holder that I obsessed over alot. What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great :) I once bought a cube photo box/frame from walmart, but I like this much better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea! It would be so fun to just have a bowl of these or a tower of them on a coffee table or something. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally love this for valentines day gift! Super simple, thoughtful, but not cheesy at all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an amazing idea! Def on my to do list now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea! I'm hooked on instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea! I like that you can just turn it to get different pictures without having to swap and print and do all that jazz for a normal picture frame. I probably need this for my work desk ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are really cool and work out super well. I may have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this. I have an old photo cube at my house + now I feel totally inspired to go print out IG photos.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a great idea. really thanks I found my occupation for this we !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it ! :) super cute and nice way to finally be able to 'share' instagram without the computer. Danielle - CraftPlayLove.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such an original DIY! I had never seen this before! I am so glad I found your blog:) I am following you now, keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this! I'm going to share it on my blog on Fri in my DIY Ideas post :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm loving this idea! One question: did you do anything to protect the surface when you were done? Mod Podge or anything?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this! Such a neat idea! Thanks for sharing, I might make some :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! What a great idea! I will try it at home. Thank you for sharing this DIY-Project! It is awesome! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post. I hope you write more good stuff like this article.

    print instagram photos

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was wondering this as well. Seems like the photos would get messed up after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  20. First thanks for sharing such a great blog with us.Iam looking for this type of blog where i gets lots of knowledge about blog commenting.Partsxp group has taken action to encourage sharing of surplus assets.We are supplying spray adhesive parts.get it now on partsxp-30 day return policy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Seriously, wow.Thanks for sharing such a great blog with us.
    It is really helped to sharing blogs.partsxp group has identified alternatives to procurement.we are supplying moisture sealant parts-30 day return policy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to say something back. I love hearing what you have to say...