Monday, February 20, 2012

BEFORE AND AFTER: SHOE SHINE BOX

This old wooden shoe shine box caught my eye at a thrift store because it said "Rise and Shine" in those stylin black letters. Good lettering always gets me. The box was kind of dirty and a little beat up. With a good clean, sanding, paint, and Mod Podge love, it's now my new favorite little bit of craft storage! So here's the gritty before:
Not the worst. The shape and style were so cool, so I knew it could really pop.
I used some golden yellow craft paint, a touch of black paint for the knob, snippets of text from an old Life magazine, and lots of Mod Podge. I love it!
And in action:
Making over things I find while thrifting is one of my favorite crafty things to do. There's so much potential everywhere if you think about how you can change something. Have you made-over any thrifty find recently?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to say something back. I love hearing what you have to say...