Tuesday, January 24, 2012

LIFE MAGAZINE LOVE

Issues of LIFE magazine from the 1940's and 1950's are one my favorite things. For someone who loves vintage and seeing how life was in the past, there's nothing better. The articles are great and everything, but what I love are the ads. The design and typography are so freaking neat to see. It's so different and stylish than most mass media today. The food ads are amazing - it's cool to see early versions of products and brands we still use all the time. When we live somewhere with more wall space in the kitchen, I want to frame and hang some of my favorite food ads that I've been saving over the years. The ads for home furnishings and cleaning products are humorous to say the least - I wish a vacuum could fulfill me as much now as it would have 60 years ago. And the fashion ads are, of course, gorgeous and inspiring to look at. Who knew a bra could be so thrilling and fun to wear! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and taking the time to say something back. I love hearing what you have to say...